Register a Student
In order to register a student in the Warwick Valley Central School District the following documents must be presented to the Central Registration Office:
- Original Birth certificate or passport
- Immunization records with
official stamp from doctor’s office
- Parent’s driver license
- Custody papers if applicable
- Copy of student’s previous or most recent report card/transcripts, school address, school phone number, and Individual Education Papers (IEP) for students with special needs (if applicable)
- Proof of residency – Orange and Rockland utility bill or affidavit of service; If you are living in an apartment and the utilities are included in your rent, an affidavit and Orange and Rockland bill from your landlord is required.
- Pupil Registration Form
- Affidavit of Residency Form
- New Registrant Household Form
- Physical examination form
Please note: Registration is by appointment only.
*It is the goal of the Warwick Valley Central School District that the information on our website be accessible to individuals with visual, hearing or cognitive disabilities.
Good faith efforts have been made to ensure that our site complies with New York State standards on website accessibility (New York State OFT Policy, P04-002, Accessibility of State Agency Web-based Intranet and Internet Information and Applications).
If you are unable to access any of the above forms, please contact the District Registrar (contact information below), about the form you were attempting to access. Be sure to include your name, email address and phone number so that we may contact you to provide the document in another format.
Warwick Valley Central School District Registrar
(845) 987-3000, Ext. 10901
Warwick Valley Central School District
225 West Street Extension
PO Box 595
Warwick, NY 10990
Kindergarten registration letters will be mailed to the parents of students eligible for kindergarten in January. In order for a child to be eligible; the parent and child must reside in the Warwick Valley School District and the child must be five (5) years of age on or before December 1 of his or her kindergarten year. Parents who do not receive kindergarten registration information are asked to call Central Registration at (845) 987-3000, Ext. 10901.
Kindergarten screening takes place in the spring for all eligible children who live in the Warwick Valley Central School District. Parents of all children registered on the school’s census will get letters about screening and registration. The screening takes approximately one hour. The children are administered the Test of Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning – Third Edition (DIAL-3). Children are asked to complete fun, age-appropriate tasks using bright, appealing, child-friendly materials. Areas assessed include, motor (gross and fine), concepts and language. While the children are being screened, parents are asked to complete a Parent Questionnaire. For more information please call Central Registration at (845) 987-3000, Ext. 10901.
Kindergarten Screening results are used to:
- Place children in classes using heterogeneous grouping
- Identify a student’s strengths and weaknesses
- Screen for students who are at risk academically
- Assist Instructional Support Teams in identifying children who are in need of additional services
- May be used as a resource at Parent/Teacher Conferences
Contact information changes
If your address or telephone number changes at any time, it is essential that you contact the Central Registration office at (845) 987-3000, Ext. 10901 for an address change form. The Central Registration office will then contact the individual schools to notify them of the change. If a bus change is needed, the transportation department will be notified by Central Registration as well.