MS Back to School events in August
August 20, 2015 - As we near the end
of August, this note from Principal Leandro shares
information about some important August events at the
Middle School, including:
• August 26 - "Grade 5 Orientations" for incoming 5th grade students
• August 27 - "Come Take a Look Day" open to all incoming Middle School students in grades 6,7,8
• The first "Principal Leandro Bookworms" club book will be "Because of Winn Dixie" by Kate DiCamillo.
Click here for detailed information about these events.
Check out Principal Leandro's blog!
Check out MS Principal Leandro's regular blog posting by clicking on the "Principal's Corner" link at the bottom left of the MS home page.
WVMS supply lists for 2015-16
June, 2015 - This year, there is one
common list for each grade level.
Click here for the supply lists for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades. (pdf)
Buy a few extra school supplies, help Backpack Snack Attack
Aug., 2015 - While you're out at the
stores with your
child's school supply list, please consider purchasing a
few extra items to donate to Backpack Snack Attack,
who will distribute back-to-school supplies to students in need in our own community. Read more, find out where to drop off donations.
WVMS 7th- & 8th-grade teams
Aug. 14, 2015 - This chart shows the WVMS teams for 7th- and 8th-grades for the 2015-16 school year: 7th- & 8th-grade teams (pdf)
Welcome to Warwick Valley Middle School
Letter to parents provides summer tour information
Principal Cindy Leandro welcomes all
students to Warwick Valley Middle School, and looks
forward to another exciting school year this September!
Click here to read a Welcome Letter from Mrs. Leandro. (updated pdf)
Summer learning at WVCSD's Camp Invention!
Aug. 14, 2015 - During the week of July 13-17, eighty campers and three counselors-in-training participated in Camp Invention. The program, part of the WVCSD summer enrichment program, was directed by WVMS Grade 7 Science teacher, Tracey Waters, and co-directed by WVMS Grade 6 teacher, Christine Chenoweth. This was the fourth year Camp Invention has been offered by the district, and it has proven to be a very popular and well attended summer camp program.
Important 2015-16 notifications for middle school parents
Aug., 2015 - Does your son or daughter need a health exam this year? Are you required to complete a dental exam form for your child? When is Back to School Night? Find this information and more on the Warwick Valley Middle School Annual Notifications webpage.
District annual required notifications
To view the District's annual required notifications on
• Go to the Parent Resources tab at the top (under school names)
• Click on Parent Resources Home
• Click on Required Annual Notifications
• You'll see the list, and can scroll down for more information
Fourth Marking Period Honor Roll announced
Principal Cindy Leandro is pleased to announce the honor roll for marking period 4 at Warwick Valley Middle School. Click here.
- Orange Co. Youth Leadership Academy participants visit WVCSD
- Frequently Asked Questions about New York State Testing
- WVMS filmmakers win first place in regional history competition
- WVMS Guitar Club celebrates its 20th year
- WVMS pick-up and drop-off procedure
- WVMS science teacher Tracey Waters named NYS Master Teacher
- Help WVMS get free equipment through "Tools for Schools" program
- Dignity for All Students - together we can stop bullying!
- Parents Guide to Common Core Learning from NYS PTA and NYSUT (pdf)
- More about Common Core