WVMS supply lists for 2015-16
June, 2015 - This year, there is one
common list for each grade level.
Click here for the supply lists for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades. (pdf)
Welcome to Warwick Valley Middle School
Letter to parents provides summer tour information
Principal Cindy Leandro welcomes all
students to Warwick Valley Middle School, and looks
forward to another exciting school year this September!
Click here to read a Welcome Letter from Mrs. Leandro. (updated pdf)
Orange County Summer Youth Leadership Academy participants visit WVCSD
July 22, 2015 - WVCSD Superintendent, Dr. David Leach, and WVMS Principal Leandro hosted student members of the Orange County Summer Youth Leadership Academy, sponsored by the Warwick Valley Community Center, at a visit to the Dorothy C. Wilson Education Center. They led students on a journey to explore leadership and the power of team synergy and 21st century skills. Students discussed how the power of a team may be stronger than that of an individual, and participated in individual and team exercises.
Fourth Marking Period Honor Roll announced
Principal Cindy Leandro is pleased to announce the honor roll for marking period 4 at Warwick Valley Middle School. Click here.
Warwick Valley Middle School receives grant from O&R for Drone Technologies Project
June, 2015 - Through a grant provided by Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc., Warwick Valley Middle School students will have the opportunity next year to participate in the Drone Technologies Project, which will provide cutting-edge technological experiences to eighth-grade students who participate in the school’s Information Communications Technologies (ICT) class.
PBIS pep rally: celebrating positive behavior
June, 2015 - On Fri., June 12, students and teachers celebrated at the Middle School's end-of-year PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports) Celebration. Click here for photos.
- Frequently Asked Questions about New York State Testing
- Fifth-grade 'document detectives' use historical clues to date photos from past
- Author Amanda Harris visits sixth-graders
- WVMS filmmakers win first place in regional history competition
- WVMS Guitar Club celebrates its 20th year
- WVMS pick-up and drop-off procedure
- WVMS science teacher Tracey Waters named NYS Master Teacher
- Help WVMS get free equipment through "Tools for Schools" program
- Dignity for All Students - together we can stop bullying!
- Parents Guide to Common Core Learning from NYS PTA and NYSUT (pdf)
- More about Common Core