Back to school information for students & parents
Aug. 17, 2015 - Please read this
important WVHS back to school information for the 2015-16
school year, including the new bell schedule, new cycle
day schedule, marking period dates, attendance
regulations, and more.
Click here for flyer (pdf).
Get ready for Homecoming 2015
Aug., 2015 - This year, Homecoming Week begins September 15 - right around the corner! This year's Homecoming theme is Cereal: Seniors - Captain Crunch, Juniors - Fruity Pebbles, Sophomores - Lucky Charms, and Freshmen - Trix. The Homecoming game will be played against FDR on Sat., Sept. 19, at 1:00 pm.
Get ready for a themed spirit week, float-building at the bus garage, an in-school pep rally, powder puff game, bonfire, parade through the Village of Warwick, the big Wildcats vs. FDR football game, and Homecoming Dance.
Join us to celebrate what Warwick, our schools, and our community are all about! Here's to a great 2015-2016 school year! GO WILDCATS!!!
WVHS students: order your class Homecoming t-shirt now!
Place your order by August 28!
August, 2015 - Order your homecoming t-shirt online by Aug. 28 and it will be sent directly to you!
Important information about student parking
Students planning to park at WVHS anytime during the school year were required to attend the mandatory meeting on Aug. 25.
August, 2015 - If your student plans on driving to school at any point during the 2015-16 school year, please read this important letter from Dr. Larry Washington, Principal of Warwick Valley High School. (pdf)
Still time to sign up for driver education registration
There are still a few spots open for Fall 2015 driver education. The deadline has been extended, and spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Click here for more information.
District annual required notifications
To view the District's Annual required notifications on
• Go to the Parent Resources tab at the top (under school names)
• Click on Parent Resources Home
• Click on Required Annual Notifications
• You'll see the list, and can scroll down for more information
WVHS Math Department supply list
July, 2015 - Wondering what supplies
you'll need for math this year? Check the list and make
sure you're prepared for September.
June, 2015 - Are you taking an AP or Honors English, social studies, science or math course in September? Check here for your summer assignment.
Warwick Valley High School to Adopt Rotating Schedule for 2015-16 School Year
March, 2015 – In order to provide students with more in-depth, sustained and engaging learning experiences, school administrators will implement a new rotating schedule at Warwick Valley High School beginning next school year. Click here for more information.
WVHS Leadership Academy Experience open to all juniors
March 23, 2015 - The Warwick Valley High School Leadership Academy is accepting applications. Are you interested in learning about five leadership practices that can help you to become the leader you were born to be? Participants in the Leadership Academy will have the opportunity to attend a leadership workshop, to work closely with leaders from the Warwick community, and to develop a program for their fellow WVHS students. Get your application in the High School Guidance Office.
High School Curriculum Guide
March 3, 2015 - Looking for the WVHS Curriculum Guide? You can find it by clicking on "Academics" at left, and then on "Curriculum Guide".
- 2015-15 Heroes in Teaching Award announced
- Class of 2015 performs 22,266 hours of community service
- Photo Gallery: Graduation 2015
- 2015 WVHS Valedictorian and Salutatorian
- WVHS Senior Scholar Humanities Honorees
- "Extreme Makeover" hits high school faculty room
- WVCSD considers additional athletic teams
- All-female Science Research seniors reflects positive national shift
- District recognized as a "Best Community for Music Education" third year in a row
- Second annual Career Exploration Fair a success
- STEM scholarship for SUNY & CUNY students
- 2014-15 Student parking permits
- Parents Guide to Common Core Learning from NYS PTA and NYSUT (pdf)
- More about Common Core