teacher inspired by
STEM professional development
July 10, 2015 - WVHS STEM teacher Mike Stolt (pictured at left) recently attended a two-week class on computer integrated manufacturing as part of Project Lead the Way (PLTW) summer professional development training.
WVHS Math Department supply list
July, 2015 - Wondering what supplies
you'll need for math this year? Check the list and make
sure you're prepared for September.
June, 2015 - Are you taking an AP or Honors English, social studies, science or math course in September? Check here for your summer assignment.
Warwick Valley High School to Adopt Rotating Schedule for 2015-16 School Year
March, 2015 – In order to provide students with more in-depth, sustained and engaging learning experiences, school administrators will implement a new rotating schedule at Warwick Valley High School beginning next school year. Click here for more information.
WVHS Leadership Academy Experience open to all juniors
March 23, 2015 - The Warwick Valley High School Leadership Academy is accepting applications. Are you interested in learning about five leadership practices that can help you to become the leader you were born to be? Participants in the Leadership Academy will have the opportunity to attend a leadership workshop, to work closely with leaders from the Warwick community, and to develop a program for their fellow WVHS students. Get your application in the High School Guidance Office.
High School Curriculum Guide
March 3, 2015 - Looking for the WVHS Curriculum Guide? You can find it by clicking on "Academics" at left, and then on "Curriculum Guide".
WVHS Class of 2015!
June 27, 2015 - Congratulations to all our grads, and best wishes for a successful future. Click here for photo gallery.
WVHS Class of 2015 has given back with community service
This year's senior class has
volunteered an extraordinary
22,266 hours of community service!
June 16, 2015 - Our community has benefited greatly from an impressive student community service effort and number of volunteer hours.
• The Senior Class had 43 students complete 50 or more hours of community service, for the Principal Award, totaling 2,800 hours.
• A total of 85 students completed 100 or more hours for the Superintendent Award, totaling 14,507 hours.
Six qualities to set you apart from the crowd
Some tidbits of good advice for seniors (and everyone)
With all the talk about the value of 21st century skills for college and workplace success, this handful of tactics can be of help. None of them are anything new, or guaranteed to make you rich or happy. They will, if you take them to heart and put them to use, help raise you above the average in any situation. Find out what the six qualities are.
- 2015-15 Heroes in Teaching Award announced
- 2015 WVHS Valedictorian and Salutatorian
- WVHS Senior Scholar Humanities Honorees
- "Extreme Makeover" hits high school faculty room
- WVCSD considers additional athletic teams
- All-female Science Research seniors reflects positive national shift
- District recognized as a "Best Community for Music Education" third year in a row
- Second annual Career Exploration Fair a success
- STEM scholarship for SUNY & CUNY students
- 2014-15 Student parking permits
- Parents Guide to Common Core Learning from NYS PTA and NYSUT (pdf)
- More about Common Core